Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Cruz

Lately I am obsessed with cupcakes. I'm not really interested in the cooking part and even the eating part I can 'take it or leave it' but I am mad for decorating them. There are whole blogs out there dedicated to the cupcake and some of the artistry leaves me with my jaw on the ground. If you haven't already, google 'cupcakes' and then allow yourself the next 2 or 3 hours to be totally gobsmacked by some of the work.

Unfortunately I don't have time to contemplate getting into cupcake decorating when I can't even find the time to train the dogs some evenings now that it's getting dark so early. But at least Cruz's birthday gave me an excuse to have a go. Pretty pathetic effort compared to some of the other stuff out there, but hey, you've got to start somewhere and it was a lot of fun playing around with designs.



Peanut butter and zucchini cupcakes (or should that be pupcakes?) with cream cheese frosting and a 'bones and flowers' theme. They disappeared even faster than the time it took to photograph them. (Photography hint for me - shooting them up so close shows up all the imperfections, don't do it again !) I am planning a very 'girlie' theme for Ivy's first birthday next month and can't wait to have another go. So move over Nigella and Jamie ....... not ! But at least the dogs are happy with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment